Summary of Stonesfield's Diamond Jubilee Celebrations
14/05/12 09:47 Filed in: Diamond Jubilee
From Wendy Gould: "A programme of events has been arranged by various organisations in the village over the weekend of 2 to 5 June [to celebrate the Queen's Diamond Jubilee].
- The Rock Doctors will be playing a special Diamond Jubilee gig at the Sports and Social Club on Saturday 2 June at 9.00pm.
• At St James the Great from Saturday to Tuesday 2-5 June a Jubilee Flower Festival will be held.
• In the Church on Sunday there will be a a Jubilee Festival Service for All Ages.
• On Monday 4 June the village hall is the place to be. Opening at 11.00 am there will be an exhibition of old village photos and memorabilia from years gone by and cream teas will be served courtesy of the WI from 3.00 to 5.00pm.
• Stonesfield Strikers are holding a Family Fun Day on the playing field, followed by a barbeque.
- Later in the evening at 10.00pm the Stonesfield Scouts will be lighting the Jubilee Beacon, one of a chain across the country, at the top of Hill Barn Farm Lane.
• On Tuesday 4 June, 12.00 to 4.00pm at St James Centre an enterprising villager has organised the Great Stonesfield Charity Bake Off in aid of Cancer Research UK