- The Rock Doctors will be playing a special Diamond Jubilee gig at the Sports and Social Club on Saturday 2 June at 9.00pm.
• At St James the Great from Saturday to Tuesday 2-5 June a Jubilee Flower Festival will be held.
• In the Church on Sunday there will be a a Jubilee Festival Service for All Ages.
• On Monday 4 June the village hall is the place to be. Opening at 11.00 am there will be an exhibition of old village photos and memorabilia from years gone by and cream teas will be served courtesy of the WI from 3.00 to 5.00pm.
• Stonesfield Strikers are holding a Family Fun Day on the playing field, followed by a barbeque.
- Later in the evening at 10.00pm the Stonesfield Scouts will be lighting the Jubilee Beacon, one of a chain across the country, at the top of Hill Barn Farm Lane.
• On Tuesday 4 June, 12.00 to 4.00pm at St James Centre an enterprising villager has organised the Great Stonesfield Charity Bake Off in aid of Cancer Research UK
Parish Council announces open meeting on 21 February to formulate Stonesfield's celebrations of the Queen's Diamond Jubilee
On Monday, 4th June, Stonesfield will be laying on a day of celebration when there should be something for everybody. All the village clubs and organisations are offering to take part in the festivities when we hope to have food, sport, plays, music, dressing-up, heritage corner and a Jubilee beacon to round it all off at the end of the day. There is room for more if anyone has been missed out.
To catch up with the programme so far and discuss further ideas please come along to a meeting in the Village Hall on Tues, 21 Feb.